Ideas and ChangesJune 29, 2011
Since I can’t get to sleep …
- Move the “AGENDA” over to the small blackboard and split it so that I can put both Geometry and Algebra 3 agendas up.
- Use the punch out letters for the date.
- Put a sign by the calculators: “If your assigned calculator is missing, please inform Ms. Miller immediately.”
- Buy some corks for the compasses.
- Put an objective list on the back of the calendars.
- Make “New Student” packets for each class.
- DOMAIN/RANGE poster!
- Change warm-ups to be part of their classwork grade — 10 = 100%
- In order to let them use their notebooks during the quizzes and still do notebook checks, go around during the quiz and check them while they are working.
- Have them tape the checklist to the inside front cover of their spirals.
- Use the checklist to figure their grade and then list the grade on the roll sheet.
- Have them read the section before the lecture.
- Number by objective with the book section in parentheses.
- Use a timer for the quiz.
- After the B-day quiz, upload solutions for the homework.
- Assign calculators.
- I want problem sets to always be on Friday. This means that A and B classes may be on slightly different schedules.
- On A-weeks, the A-day schedule would be lecture-quiz-problem set, while B-day would be lecture-quiz. The following week would then flip the schedule so that B-day would be lecture-quiz-problem set (ahead of A-day). Is this workable?
- Look at shifting the topic list around to follow the same sequence as the textbook.
- Definitely spend more time reviewing/practicing solving quadratics!