Be Less HelpfulMay 22, 2010
Through a circuitous route, I ended up at Dan Meyer’s blog, and I have been very impressed and inspired.
- “Whenever possible, introduce new skills and new knowledge as the solution to the limitations of old skills and old knowledge.”
- While he is definitely a constructivist, I think he’s a rational constructivist — he recognizes the need to build and practice skills.
- Combination locks with “thermal readers” to explore combinations/permutations.
- Use cups that roll in a circle to explore radius/circumference.
- Guidelines for Using Multimedia