Notes for Fractions PowerpointAugust 3, 2009
Some ideas I had from reading The Life of Fred: Fractions:
- The notes should include several circles that students can practice dividing into fourths, sixths, etc.
- Also use the notes so that they can color in shapes to see equivalent fractions.
- Practice filling in “ruler” fractions (1/8, 1/4, 3/8, etc.)
- Dividing three pizzas between eight people
- Use commutative property to show how to cancel when multiplying.
- Use “opposites” to show why dividing by a fraction is the same as flipping and multiplying.
- Include dimensional analysis as part of multiplying fractions.